You are here
Hugh Boyd Secondary School
Hugh Boyd is a vibrant school located next to the West Richmond Community Centre. As a medium sized school, Hugh Boyd offers a warm and caring environment with links to the local community through special annual events and numerous charitable campaigns. Boyd is one of two schools that has an International Baccalaureate approved program.
Unique Programs and Courses
- International Baccalaureate – Middle Years Programme
- Combined Studies Alternate Program
- Drafting – Architecture and Habit Design
- Advanced Placement
- Multimedia/Video Production
- Jazz Band
Volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country, Basketball, Golf, Track & Field, Ultimate (Co-Ed)
- Junior Jazz Combo - a student-directed group for Grades 8 - 10 who love to play jazz. We meet on Mondays at lunch in Room 127.
- Senior Jazz Combo - a student-directed group for Grades 10 - 12 who love to play jazz. We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch in Room 127.
- Second Line Band - a New Orleans style Brass Band that is open to anyone who wants to play and/or dance to high energy, infectious music.
Music Clubs (listed above) Running Club, Japanese Club, Korean Club, Greenthumbers Club, Engineering Club, Debate Club, Badminton Club